Monday, November 11, 2013

Noodles

Does learning to slurp up noodles count as a milestone?


It seems to me that it should.  I'm sure Cora's occupational therapist and speech therapists would be proud. 


 Last night my good friend came over for dinner and some catch-up time.  I spent the afternoon making chicken pho from scratch.  There's not much that satisfies in the same way, especially on a crisp fall day.

Photo by Christine Shelton

Usually I give Cora's pho a spin in the blender, like she wants the rest of her soups.  But last night she had nothing to do with that.  She wanted to eat it like the rest of us did.  Watching her sit at the table and feed herself with a fork like a big girl (overlooking the noodles I had to scrape off the floor afterward, of course), makes me pretty happy.  It's not often that she shares the same meal that we do in the same form, either due to her allergies, her issues with texture, or her picky nature.



My little eater is coming up in the world.  And she knows good soup and good company.


3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! Nice work with those noodles, Cora, they can be a bit tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that is definitely a milestone. Great job Cora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The infamous noodle suck, with drips of broth splashing in the eyes and and everything ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!