Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pretty Little Girl




Now that we're back at home with the surgery behind us I am absolutely exhausted and sore.  Cora and I slept about 10 hours last night (well, Cora actually slept more) and are having a relaxing day at home.  I am going to head to the chiropractor soon for a tune-up post stress and 6 nights sleeping at the hospital.
Going to take a little break from the long-winded posts today and just show off some pictures of our beautiful girl. 

Snuggling with Daddy.  Getting ready to go home!
 

Snoozing in the car


Checking out her battle scars.  Not too shabby.



Smiling at Mum and Dad, Again!

6 comments:

  1. Cute little thing! So happy that things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need a nibble on those cheeks!! much love to all of you from bellingham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet girl! Sweet smiles... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Leah and Nick: You do not know me, but I was given a link to your blog by a friend. First off, your daughter is BEAUTIFUL, and I am so very happy that her heart surgery went well! My husband and I live in the Seattle area and were given the prenatal diagnosis of D.S. for our little baby boy about a month ago. Like you, we are first time parents, and I was shocked at the diagnosis, being only age 26- our risk was 1 in 900. We don't know what the furture holds for our little baby, but so far, he looks structurally normal, including heart structure, for which we could not be more thankful! (More ultrasounds to come!)I am an adult ICU nurse, and having medical knowledge is both a benefit, and a negative (just enough knowledge to know what to worry about!). I would love to be able to be in contact with other parents who have children close to the same age as our little guy- he'll be born in July/aug. If you are interested in getting in touch with me, please do- my email is doreenjanelle@gmail.com. So happy your daughter is recovering beautifully from her surgery!
    Sincerely,
    Doreen Stidolph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay to be home! So glad everything went well, can't wait to meet your sweet Cora someday.

    You have been in our thoughts and prayers,
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear your daughter has the MOST beautiful eyes I've ever seen in my entire life.
    I hope for the best for you and your family :)

    Sincerely,
    Some random stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!