Monday, October 8, 2012

Attitude... Who me? 31 for 21

Shhhhh.  Don't tell Mama I got to the computer.  She doesn't like it when I type on her laptop.  I'm not sure why.  I guess she doesn't like to share. 

Oh yeah.  This is Cora if you haven't guessed.

I have just a few things I want to say and I don't want Mama to know, cause it's kind of about her.  Well, about what she says about me, anyway.

Mama has been saying that I have something called "attitude."

Yeah, I know what that means.  What I want to know is why is she surprised?  I'm pretty sure she and Daddy both have "attitude" too.  I've also heard her whisper the word "stubborn" a few times.  Like I can't hear a whisper.  Didn't the audiologist tell her my hearing is great?

She's also been saying that I have entered toddlerhood.  Well, yeah!  I'm almost 2, you know.  Some people may not think I'm a toddler since I don't walk yet.  But that has nothing to do with it.

So yeah, I know that lately I have been expressing myself a little better.  So I don't like it when Mama puts on my bib... or my socks and shoes...  or changes my diaper and puts on my clothes....

So I am a little quick to cry or yell when she walks away from me....  And yeah, maybe I don't like to do the things that she asks me to, even though I can understand her and I used to do them all the time when she asked.   Like I said, what do you expect?

I know that some people think people with Down syndrome are always happy.  And I am happy a lot.  But sometimes I'm not.  And I am learning to let people know that.  Especially Mama.

But sometimes it's pretty funny, when I hear her telling other people (like Grammie for example) about me not being a perfect angel all the time.  I don't think Grammie believes her.  Because when I'm around other people I am pretty great.  That way they think Mama's just telling stories.  He hee!

Uh oh!  I hear Mama coming back to see what I'm doing.  I better go read my favorite book for a minute.  Maybe I should try not to be so quiet so she doesn't get suspicious.  Yeah, that's a good idea.

Okay, it looks like she's going to come play with me now.  So I'd better get going.  But just make sure that you remember about me and this thing called "attitude."  I like the sound of it.  I think I'm going to work this "attitude" thing a little more.  Oh, and please don't tell Mama about me using her computer.

It'll be our secret, okay?

This is me looking like a perfect angel.  But I think maybe Mama can see the "attitude" in my eyes...

3 comments:

  1. I have a meltdown every time my mom tells me no! It is hard being one! Love, Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cora! You girls and your attitudes. Kennedy seems to have one going on these days as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!