Friday, October 26, 2012

Daddy Love - 31 for 21

Have I mentioned how amazing Cora's daddy is?


Or how very much he loves his girl?


Luckily, the feeling is mutual.  


They are silly and sweet.  In fact, as I write this they are snuggled up together sleeping, away from the camera's view.


It's safe to say that Cora loves her daddy's silly sense of humor.


She loves his tickles and the way he reads her favorite books in funny voices complete with bad accents and the way he can't seem to put on her pajamas without starting a giggly wrestling match.


When Cora was born he never wavered.  While I cried and worried aloud, talking through my tumultuous feelings, he listened and supported me and he was rock solid for Cora.


He always seemed so much stronger than I was, so calm in stressful situations, so much better equipped to deal with everything.  Whether or not that was actually the case, his strength helped me be strong.  And his strength allowed me to be vulnerable when I felt like I was falling apart.


His love for his daughter has captured my heart again.


So thank you to my wonderful husband.  Cora and I love you very much.

7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. Nick is a great guy! But then Cora has a pretty amazing mommy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddies can be so fantastic! It is very clear from the pics that they have a great relationship. I LOVE the one of them on the boat with her little white hat on--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, love this! Toooooo sweet, all 3 of you! Naturally Cora must be the sweetest girl in the world with you 2 for parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I wish we all could have such a loving and present father as Cora. Go Nick, you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!