Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Very Beanie Christmas

Whew. The season of excess and merriment has somehow come to a close. After leaving computers turned off, letting phones die without recharging and not touching the t.v. remote for several days, I am back to the land of the plugged in.

And oh, what a Christmas it was. Cora was a true party animal, loving up all the attention of her grandparents, aunts, uncles and little cousin. She played with paper and ornaments, got excited over new toys, blissed out in the hot tub, played dress up and had a ball. We ate way too much, cooked and cleaned for days, spent the whole time on "holiday schedule" and laughed harder than I have in ages.

There are some thoughts a-brewing and I'll post some of them soon, but for now, I want to just get some of the adorable cuteness out there.

Cora loving on her cousin Kai.  He is quite the inspiration for her with all his moving around.


These cousins got seriously spoiled for their first Christmas.  
But with all the loving silliness they gifted us all, it was well worth it.


One of my favorite plaid wearing families: Eri, Jon and Kai, 
celebrating their first Christmas as a family of three.


And of course, I have to include my little Beanie girl on Christmas morning, 
rocking her bedhead and mismatched headband with her polka dotted jammies, courtesy of the Christmas Faerie (who delivers new pajamas to all on Christmas Eve.)








One of her awesome fancy new gifts came from Favorite Auntie Erin, who gave her a selection of multi-colored silk scarves for play.  In my family, this means dress up AND peekaboo!  
Check out Cora's lovely fashion statement.
(Plus a bonus demonstration of her ridiculous flexibility-  Thank you ligamentous laxity!)


No holiday is complete without Santa's Elves.  Well, check out these little sweetie elves in their coordinated re-purposed sweater outfits, again, courtesy of Auntie Eri.


And, just for good measure, a glimpse of my beautiful nephew, Kai.


And one of my sassy little girl, giving the camera the eye while playing on my lap.

Yes, it was a holiday to remember.  Love to all my family that made it great.  Now just getting ready for the New Year and some first birthday celebrations.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, that picture of her in all the scarfs is precious!! Love all the colors! And she is the cutest little elf ever. BTW, where did you get those cool stacking blocks from? I have never seen any like those around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Cora in the scarves too! Cora's first Christmas looks like it was a ton of fun! I just started planning Ben's birthday party. I can't believe that our little ones are almost one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. looks like she had a great christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you all- such adorable elves! Are you back in town? Let's have a play date!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!