Friday, May 25, 2012

Teething Beauty and the Rice


 Lacking in energy and motivation today, I had about 30 minutes before nap time.  And nothing sounded fun.  I was about to turn on Baby Signing Time when I thought of the rice and lentils. 

I bought some in bulk a few weeks ago and put them in little plastic shoeboxes with lids.  The one time I took them out for Cora on a rainy day, I opened them up in the living room and let her go.  At the time, all she wanted to do was shake fistfuls all over the room.  While I did  expect some mess, I wasn't quite ready for that.  So away they went.

But then today, I decided to pull out the bus tub we use for her baths and fill it up with a mix.  Out on the shady deck we went.

No surprise:  Cora had a blast.





Kicking her feet, grabbing handfuls and tossing them over the side, stirring with her "tools", oh, and of course, chewing on things in between. 





Although she surprised me by only managing to stuff a couple grains of rice into her mouth.  No sneaky handfuls this time.



By the end of her play session, she was in no mood to nap.  So after a frustrating long attempt at putting her down, I ended up putting her in front of Baby Signing Time after all.

We are leaving shortly to head out of town tonight, up to see my parents, go to a wedding of some dear old friends of Nick, and introduce Cora to some of her Daddy's best friends for the first time.

It should be a busy and fun weekend.  I'll ask Nick to remind me to take pictures.

Happy Weekend to you all!

10 comments:

  1. oooh, look at the great sensory experience you created! I love the whisk you gave her. The measuring cup will help her learn spoon feeding too. I am sorry that she didn't nap :( I know how coveted those naps are and boy, if they miss one. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. Love Cora's pig tails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! Sound like a fun weekend! Hope to see pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know why my C section scar is still purple and you can't even see Cora's. Lucky gal ! Gary will need to get some rice and a tub to play in... Cora is just having too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!

    I would just have to suck it up and use cooked rice, Ellie would TOTALLY know it was some form of food and stuff her face!

    And I LOVE the piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a fantastic day!! Cora B is just to cute! great idea...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you come be Calvin's mom? He needs someone better than me cuz I would have went with the video - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try this with Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! The best little Beanie pictures ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!