Sunday, October 27, 2013

Home Again- 31 for 21

I am home again after my three day mini child-free vacation, feeling like I am getting this post in just under the wire.

Getting away and spending time without my usual two-year-old accessory felt oddly comfortable.  I missed her, but it didn't hurt to be away.  It was lovely, actually, not to be chasing her around and keeping her out of everything, but instead to be spending quiet time with my sister, her husband and their beautiful new girl, Carys.  My mom joined us at the end, which made it all the more fun.  We laughed, we cried, we snuggled a lovely new girlie, and we talked as three women who are now joined by the crazy and life-changing experience of being mothers. 

It felt like home, really.  And sometimes I just miss that time... the time to focus on myself and some of the other people that I care most about.  That kind of time is not always easy to come by as a parent, but when it comes, you realize just how necessary it is.

And just because this little girl is so very precious, here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.








As lovely as it was to get away, coming home to Cora was pretty fun, indeed.  I swear, she looks older and talks more.  How could that be?  I may miss my new niece and my family, but it's nice to come home to Cora's smile.

2 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel! I went to my sister in laws baby shower and people kept saying "oh I bet you miss your kids!" and I was like "um, sure I do." when in fact, I was pretty happy having that time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty adorable little girl. Great pictures. They really capture everyone's happiness ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!